The good office chair is not only important because they provide comfort to the workers when they work for a longer duration or for that matter for any period, rather they are important because they keep the concentration of the workers aligned to their works. Apart from preventing the back strains good chairs in the office prevent discomfort and support the back of the employees. It allows the workers to sit and work for a longer duration of time by preventing fatigue.
How are good chairs beneficial for sitting for long hours?
- Good chairs’ length is such that the distance between the table and the knees or thighs of the person sitting on the chair is more than the width of a finger. The gap is almost 4 to 5 fingers so that the employees can easily move.
- The chair’s back completely supports the back of the person sitting on it to give proper backrest and thus the spines are incorrect postures.
- The armrests of good chairs allow the shoulders to relax comfortably. They do not allow any strain on the shoulders as they have a proper height.
- The chair’s feet rest comfortably on the floor and the height of the chairs can easily be adjusted according to the need so it is not difficult to sit and work for long hours.
Some tips to buy good office chairs:
- All the office chairs should adjust as per the need of the person who sits on it. In general, the office chairs have the facility of armrest and height adjustment, but apart from all this, you should look for some other adjustments so that they are different from the ordinary chairs. Nowadays there are up to 14 adjustments available in office chairs. You should at least select a chair with 5 adjustment facilities.
- You should select an office chair that doesn’t only provide support to the upper back, rather choose a chair that supports correctly your lower back so that you do not suffer from back sprains when you sit for a longer duration on them.
- The chairs that you choose should have a wheelbase so that they can move. This provides some amount of flexibility and is good for the person who sits on it.
- If the chairs swivel freely then it would be good for the employees as they would easily access the different parts of the table.
- The fabric from which the chairs are made should not be irritating or heat-absorbing. The air should pass from them so that it doesn’t heat up when somebody sits for a longer period.
If the chairs are good and comfortable in the office then the employees can work with more concentration as they will not be distracted from back strain and other such problems. Therefore the employees will be able to do more productive work. If the chairs will be good then there would be no health issues so the workers will take less leave and hence the company will have the benefits of it.